Monday, February 15, 2010

Where it all began... Jo Jo The Clown

This is where Mom and my extreme cake-baking all began... With Mallory's 6th birthday cake. You can get an idea from the above picture of just how big this cake was. It was a really big cake. Oh, and look how cute Miss Mallory was on her 6th birthday (April 2006). AWWWW

And there she is, Jo Jo the Clown. Looks pretty good I think especially for our first attempt at decorating.
I have to admit though, Mom and I spent about 11 hours on this cake, which is why I don't bake/decorate for a living. We tend to take our time, make extra trips to the store for things we've forgotten or suddenly realize we need, and we take alot of breaks to eat and generally goof off. But, our cakes are usually worth the effort since we lovingly make them peanut/contaminant-free with yummy homemade frosting.


No comments:

Post a Comment